Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Chapter 7


It was 9:30 and Colleen and I were both pooped from work. The manager walked out with us to my truck since he didn't like us girls walking by ourselves. I always parked close to a lamp post. As the three of us walked out I noticed a couple of motorcycles parked by my truck. The motorcycles were accompanied by two guys. My manager Mark asked, "Do you know those guys? if not we can go back in and call security."

I looked and then looked at Colleen, then said, "It looks like that delivery guy. And maybe he brought a friend." The three of us walked up and I said, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

They looked our way and the Blonde said, "I was about to brave the mall earlier when I saw you come out here on a break. So I thought I would clean up and come talk to you after work. I hope you don't think I am stalking you but I hate crowded places and thought out here was quieter."

"Well the thought did cross my mind."

The Blonde stepped forward to Mark (probably to assuage my fears) and held out his hand and said, "My name is Bret Michaels and this is my friend Bobby Dall."

"My name is Mark. I am the girls' manager. I just wanted to make sure they were safe."

"I don't blame you," Bret said. He turned to me and said, "HI, my name is Bret and this is Bobby."

I said, "My name is Karen, but everyone calls me K for short. And this is my friend Colleen." We all shook hands.

Mark asked, "Do you need me to stay or are you guys going to be ok?"

"We'll be ok Mark," Colleen said, "Thanks for walking us out."

"You're welcome. I'll see you guys later," Mark said as he left.

Colleen walked over to the motorcycles, admiring them and Bobby. She could tell Bret was totally into K and besides she liked the dark mysterious type. Bobby followed Colleen over to the bikes, waiting to see what she would do or say, as he didn't want to spook her. She was real pretty and he wanted to get to know her. She seemed interested as she kept glancing at him.

Colleen did indeed keep looking at Bobby. He had on tight leather pants and a leather coat that hung to his knees. She wanted to touch his hair. It looked dark brown in the dark, but it was reflecting the lights from the parking lot, making it look shiny and silky. God must have been reading her mind as a breeze came behind Bobby and blew his hair over his shoulder and strands of it brushed her cheek. She took the strands between her fingers and rubbed lightly, feeling how silky it truly was.

Bobby, seeing her smile and took that for a good sign, still not saying a word, which he didn't do much of anyway, took her hand, removed the strands of his hair from it and turned it palm up. He ran his fingertips slowly, gently, from her wrist to her fingertips, then placed a kiss on her palm. All the while keeping eye contact.

Man, that is so romantic she thought. I must be crazy I have only know him for all of 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, I was with Bret (now I know his name), again, trying valiantly not to swallow my tongue or throw up from nerves.......

"Bret," I said, testing his name on my lips, "why did you come back?"

"After bumping into you earlier, I wanted to meet you and get to know you. It seemed we had a connection. I'm not wrong am I?" he asked, softly, seductively, looking down on me with those violet blue eyes.

I looked up at him and closed my eyes for a sec. I could feel his aura wrap around me. As my eyes opened, I said quietly, "No, you are not wrong."

Bret gave me a brilliant smile and asked, "Do you want to go out Friday night then?"

"Bret, I can't Friday. I am going to the Metallica concert. But I wouldn't mind a different night."

"Sure, that would be cool."

"So....you do deliveries?" I asked trying to make small talk.

"For now," Bret said. "We actually have a rock band, but we are just getting started. I do deliveries to pay bills."

"When do you play again?" I asked.

"I think we have a gig coming up soon. Would you and your friend be interested in coming and watching us play?"

"I would. I can't speak for Colleen," I said. I pulled out a pen and paper and wrote my phone number down. "When I am not working you can call me at home."

"Great," Bret said. "So...what do you do when you're not working?"

"Right now, it is just school, work, and surfing."

"Surfing? I have never met a girl who surfed. It always seemed like a guy sport."

"It is. But a lot of girls are getting into it. I've been surfing for about 2 years," I said, my nerves calming. I loved talking about surfing.

"Could I come watch you sometime?" Bret asked.

"Sure," I replied, "I am probably going out Sunday morning, so call me Saturday, and I will let you know."

"OK," Bret said, "We should probably let you girls get home."

"Ya, it is getting late for us. Colleen, you almost ready?" I called over at her.

"I'll be right there," she yelled back.

Colleen, also wanting to give Bobby her phone number, grabbed a pen outta her apron pocket and took hold of Bobby's arm, pushing up the sleeve and wrote her number on his arm. Bobby smiled and bent over and kissed Colleen. She took hold of his lapels to keep herself steady.

I was leaning up against my truck and Bret was standing real close in front of me. It was almost like we didn't need to say anything. Bret came up real close, put a hand on either side of me and leaned in to kiss me. His lips petal soft and warm. The wind was blowing his blonde hair all around my head, like it had a life of it's own...touching me and caressing me. His kiss became stronger for a sec then he stopped, looked down at me and said goodbye. I said goodbye back or at least I think I did as my mind was nothing but mush. Bret gave me this pouty lip thing then kissed me quickly one more time and moved off to his motorcycle and the guys left.

Colleen walked up and said, "K close your mouth, you look like a fish and unlock the door." 

I did as Colleen said and let us in the truck. As we drove home, I asked, "So how did it go with the other guy? What was his name....Bobby?"

"Good. We actually never spoke, but man can he kiss."

"Are you going out?" I asked.

"I don't know. We didn't even talk. But I wrote my phone number on his arm," Colleen said with a smile. "Did you and that Bret guy talk about anything?"

"He just said he wanted to take me out and get better acquainted. He said him and Bobby are in a rock band. He wanted to go out Friday night but I said I can't cause of the concert, but maybe another night."

"Cool. Maybe we can double date," Colleen replied.

I dropped her at her house and told her I would see her later. I fell asleep that night with dreams of Bret.


No comments:

Post a Comment