Thursday, August 30, 2018

Chapter 8

It was Thursday afternoon when I got a phone call.....................

"Hello?" I said.

"K, it's Candi! How are you?"

"Oh My God! Candi! I'm fine. How are you?" I asked excitedly. "How's college in New Jersey?"

"Good. It is awesome up here at Monmouth College," Candi said.

"When do you think you might come home for a visit? I miss you," I said

"I miss you too. Writing just isn't enough sometimes. But.....that's why I'm calling. I got an internship. I am studying public relations and I managed to get in with a recording studio and I am traveling with a rock group named Bon Jovi to California as part of their PR group. IT IS SO COOL!" Candi said excitedly.

"Wow!" I said in awe, "that's is so awesome. So when will you be out here?"

"I think we arrive in LAX next Friday. My parents are going to pick me up and I am going to stay with them."

"I will let everyone know. Do you think we could meet them?" I asked.

"I am trying to arrange that. They are doing an album signing at Tower Records and I am going to try to get you guys in before all the crowds, so I will let you know later."

"Sweet," I said. "So...you are really OK? Doing good?"

"Yes I am," Candi said. "K, I have to go now. I will call you later next week."

"OK. Bye Candi."

"Bye."

Candi hung up the phone. Jon came up behind her cupping her breasts and nuzzling her neck. "Are you dddoooonnneee," he whispered in her ear.

She turned in his arms, cupping his package and said, "Yes, Mr Impatient."

"Good. Come back to bed," He said seductively.

"JOOooooon! You want me aagggaaaiiinnn?" she asked in mock innocence.

"MMmmmmm HHHHmmmmm," Jon mumbled against her lips.

"Then.....you'll have to catch me!" She giggled, tickling him and then ran away laughing.

**********************************************************

It was a warm night, Thursday, and Diane had her bedroom window open for some air. She was sound asleep, as it was about 1am in the morning (Friday morning), when she felt a hand shake her shoulder. She opened her eyes and saw a figure of a man all in black and a huge amount of black hair. Di’ took a deep breath to scream when the guy put a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.

"SSsssshhhhh...Di’. It's me..Nikki," he whispered.

Diane managed to get an arm out from under the covers and punched Nikki in the arm, causing him to loose his balance and fall back on the floor.

"Ouch," he whispered strongly.

"Butthead, you scared the crap outta me," Diane whispered angrily. "What the hell are you doing in MY room in the MIDDLE of the night."

Nikki got up off the floor and moved towards the window and started to climb out, "Come outside with me for a minute," Nikki implored, holding his hand out for her to follow.

"I guess," Diane said and followed him out the window and around back to her patio. "NOW, tell me why you woke me up in the middle of the night," she whispered in frustration. She was always grumpy when she woke up.

Nikki pulled up a patio chair for Di’ to sit down on and pulled one up and sat down in front of her, facing her. " Di’, I'm sorry to wake you up, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I haven't met a girl who didn't think I was weird and we seem to have things in common. I just wanted to tell you."

Diane, who was somewhat dark like Nikki, kinda goth like, watched Nikki rub his thumbs back and forth over the back of her hand that he had been holding while he speech-a-fied. "Dude. That's all fine and dandy, but try to make it before midnight next time."

Nikki laughed, "I will. Oh ya, I also wanted to ask if you wanted to go to the concert tomorrow. We have extra tickets."

"I will have to ask the girls. Anita is already going somewhere with my sister, but probably it will be me, Laurie and Josie," She said.

"Cool. That will make Vince happy," Nikki said.
Nikki leaned in, at the same time pulling her closer, and kissed her. They pulled apart looking in each others eyes, then kissed again. Nikki broke off first. "Well, I had better go before you think I am a complete perv," he said standing and walking towards the back fence.

"So, I guess you climbed the fence." Thinking to herself with a chuckle, maybe she should run barbed wire across the top.

"Yep. Thanks Di’ for not calling the cops or something."

"No prob. See you later." She watched Nikki until he was gone, then went back to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment