Monday, September 3, 2018

Chapter 12


It was a busy week this week. Sheree, Michele and I graduated from high school. The younger girls a year behind us. It was Thursday night and Colleen and I were working with the upcoming weekend off.......

"Colleen, did you ever hear from Bobby?" I asked.

"I did. We have a date tonight after I get off work," she said, her eyes lit with excitement. "Did you and Bret ever hook up?" She asked.

"I saw him just this last Sunday. We didn't get to spend much time together. We kissed, though," I said dreamily.

"So are you guys going to go out on a date?" Colleen asked.

"We don't have any plans yet, though he has called me on the phone."

"Cool. Well, for your sake I hope it works out for you. I know you really like him."

"Thanks Colleen."

The two of finished up with our work. As I was working I thought back to the phone call from Candi earlier today....

"Candi, what's up? It's good to hear from you," I said.

"Hey. I called to let you know we come in Friday night."


"Awesome!"

"I know! I can't wait to see everyone," Candi said.

"Maybe I can get my parents to do a BBQ while you are here, that way you can get caught up with everyone. You could invite the Band too."

"That might be good. I'll let you know. And, as far as I know, the record signing is going to be on Tuesday when their new album is released. I can get passes for everyone so I need to know how many are coming," Candi said.

"Um..let me count," pausing, "do 7. If you can," I said.

"OK. I will call you Saturday," Candi said.

"OK."

I will talk to you later. Bye." She said.




After work Colleen changed clothes into jeans, tennis shoes and a coat, since Bobby was picking her up on his motorcycle. She had also braided her hair to cut down on knots. We had just gotten to the foyer doors of the mall and I spotted not only Bobby but Bret. I pulled Colleen up against the wall away from the doors.

"Oh my Gawd," I whispered, "Bret's here too." I fussed with my hair and clothes. "Man, I look like crap. I wasn't expecting him."

"K, get a hold of yourself. He's seen you like this before. Come on," as she led me outside. "K, take my stuff with you. I'll get it tomorrow, OK?"

"Sure. OK. No prob." We made it to my truck where the guys were standing.

"Bobby," Colleen said walking up to him.

"Colleen," He said, "I've been looking forward to tonight. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," She said.

I took hold of Colleen's wrist and whispered, "Call me if you need anything, OK?" Colleen gave me a quick hug, handed me her stuff and said she would call me tomorrow.

I watched as Bobby handed her a helmet, helped her onto the bike and the two of the drove off. I walked towards my truck to unlock it and put our stuff in there. I looked at Bret and smiled.

"What are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming with Bobby."

"I had some time off and I missed you. I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. We could go get something to eat. Take a drive, whatever you want," He said, his hand playing with my ponytail, as I finished putting the stuff in the truck.

I turned back to Bret and said, "Sure, a drive would be nice, but would you mind following me to my house so I can change? I don't want to go anywhere like this."

"Babe, I don't care how you look, but if it will make you feel better, we can do that."


"Thanks. I don't live far from here. Just follow me." Bret followed me to my house. I changed and the two of us took off on his motorcycle towards the beach....


1 comment: