Monday, September 17, 2018

Chapter 29


"Capital Records, Mr Shore's office, please hold..." Colleen said, pushing a button, then another, "Thank you for holding, how may I help you?" pausing, listening, "He's not in may I take a message? Thank you for calling."

"Thank you for holding, how may I help you?" pausing, "Yes Sir, he's expecting your call, I'll transfer you." She sighed. Colleen had gotten a job as a secretary for a record exec, here at Capital Records. 

Even though her and Bobby dated sporadically, she hoped this way she could keep tabs on Poison better. She got bits of info about their whereabouts and activities from interoffice memos and co workers. She looked at her watch, it was almost time to go home. 

Just as Colleen had gathered her stuff she noticed a body in front of her desk. Looking up she saw it was Bobby! Her face lit up with happiness, as she walked around her desk and hugged Bobby.

"Bobby when did you get in?"

Kissing her first, he replied, "This morning." Kissing her again, he said, "I've missed you."

"Go on with you," she said smacking his arm, "I'm so sure. How can you miss me with all those groupies?"

As he followed her into the elevator he said, "I hardly ever do anyone. With my drinking habits I am usually so wasted I can't do anything anyway. Besides those girls aren't you."

She didn't respond right away. She herself had occasionally experienced Bobby's drinking problem. By the time they were done partying he would just pass out. Deciding to let that go she asked, "Can you walk me to my car?"

"That was my plan. And I wanted to know if you could spend the next couple of days with me. I have a hotel room we don't have to leave," He said with a beautifully wicked smile on his face, and a wink.

"Oh Bobby, I though you'd never ask."

***************

Twilight was recording a new album. I was real close to my due date. Diane invited me to come watch and listen, while they recorded. Though, I had already started maternity leave, Donna still brought an occasional project to my house. Which I think was just an excuse for her to come see the baby to be and me, I thought, smiling. Donna was great.

Twilight was in the recording booth, and I was out in the engineering booth with Candi and some of the guys from Bon Jovi.

"The girls are doing so good," Candi said.

"I know. I am so proud," I replied.

"And so pregnant," she said, somewhat jokingly, rubbing my belly.

"Ya, he can't wait to get out," as the baby was active. He liked music.

"I can tell," she said as she could feel the baby move. All of a sudden my belly got real hard. Candi got concerned. "K?"

My whole face contorted in pain, my fingertips white from clutching the arms of the chair in a death grip
.
"Candi," I whispered through gritted teeth, "I think this is it."

"Oh K, what can I do?" she asked fervently.

The contraction passed. I said, "Can you help me get to the hospital?"

Meanwhile Diane had seen my face through the glass and the second they were done with the track, she rushed out to my side.

"K, are you OK? Is it time?" she asked.

"I think so. I just had a really hard contraction. I was going to have Candi take me to the hospital."

"I'll go with you," she said.

" Di’, Candi can do it. You still have more recording to do today, right? Stay till you're done, then go get mom and bring her to the hospital. I am sure I am not having this baby for awhile."

Reluctantly Diane said, "OK, if that's what you want."

"Thanks Diane. You're the best sister ever," I said hugging her, then leaving with Candi.

*************

Michele had just gotten home. She dropped her purse and keys on th table and pressed the button on the answering machine.....

"Michele. Karen. It's Colleen. Bobby came into town and I am staying with him at the Hilton. The number here is 310 223 4500 and I am in room number 1210. Call me if you need anything. Love ya, bye."

"Michele. Colleen. It's Diane. K is having the baby. I am on my way to get mom, so if you need a ride, call mom and tell her. If not I will see you at the hospital."

Michele screamed in excitement to no one in particular. She ran and changed clothes and called K's mom.

"Hey Mrs Olsen. It's Michele. I just wanted you to know I will meet you guys there. I'll drive myself."

"OK Hun. I will let K and Diane know."


"Bye," Michele said.

No comments:

Post a Comment